It depends on the requirements laid out by your desired state’s regulatory board. After the application for licensure is sent to your state nursing board, you will be notified as to whether or not you are eligible to sit for the NCLEX exam.
When registering for NCLEX, you will have to wait for the next available time at a testing center located near to you. Upon the successful completion of NCLEX, you may have to complete additional training prior to receiving your license, depending on which state you are seeking licensure in.
Sponsored Online Nursing Programs
Earn an MS in Nursing online from Georgetown University.
- Earn your MS in Nursing in as few as 19 months
- Choose from one of four APRN specialty areas: AG-ACNP, FNP, NM/WHNP, or WHNP
- Gain hands-on clinical experience in evidence-based practice
Earn a Master of Science in Nursing online from Simmons University.
- Accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE)
- Preparation to pursue certification as a Family Nurse Practitioner
- Part-time, full-time, and extended plans of study
Earn your MSN online from USC’s Top-Ranked School of Social Work.
- Prepares RNs to pursue board certification as family nurse practitioners
- Earn a CCNE-accredited MSN in as few as 21 months
- Choose from part-time and full-time study options